Old September 3rd 03, 07:29 PM
phobos

Jethro[AGHL] wrote:
Looking at either a MSI FX5600-VTDR128 (CAN$237) or MSI FX5600-TDR256
(CAN $267).
The only differences I see are that the VTDR has VIVO capabilities with
the fancy remote control which don't excite me as I have another PC for
playing movies on the TV.
Any other pro\cons between either card? I was leaning towards the
5600-TDR256 to get more RAM on the card.
Running an AMD 2400+ and using it for games like HL2 which is out soon.

Any thoughts?

The 5600 is definitely an upgrade. But I'd recommend going for
something without any frills and just find the biggest badass you can.
256 definitely. Also take a close look at the default core/mem clocks
and see if you can find a "pre-tweaked" card (if possible).