Old January 28th 04, 08:21 PM
Johnny B

I need to make a correction to my problem. Originally I had a 20 G drive as
a slave in the primary EIDE drive. Without this drive my system does no
boot, regardless if I have the new 80 G drive or if the primary slave drive
is empty. According to the Disk Management option in Computer Management my
C: drive (the 20 G) is designated system with an active partion while my
raid array is designated G: boot with an active partion. I hope this helps.
The operating system is Win XP Pro with SP1 installed.

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Johnny B wrote:
I have a A7N8X Deluxe board rev 2.0. I am trying to boot off of the raid
controller and I can not get the steeings correct. I have 2 - 120 G

drives
in raid 0, a Plextor DVD burner on the primary EIDE set as a master, On
the secondary EIDE I have a Plextor CDRW set as master and a Lite-On DVD
ROM set as a slave. The proble I have is I want to add another 80 G hard
drive on my Primary EIDE as a slave for data back up. When I start my
system up it will not book because it sees the new 80 G drive and no
operationg system. I have tried changing the setting from SCSI to HD0.
HD1, HD2, and HD3. I have also disabled all drives in the advanced
section for boot up with only boot other devices enabled again no luck.

am using the Uber bios version 1007. Without any drive on the secondary
posrt of the primary EIDE I have my boot sequence set to HD0 and it

boots
fine from the Raid controller, as soon as I add the new drive it screws
up. Any help would be appreciated.

Very strange... in the boot order, SCSI is the Sata Controller so if that

is
above IDE-whatever then it should boot from the RAID partition.

Ben