Old January 28th 04, 06:46 PM
Johnny B

Default A7N8X-Deluxe Rev 2.0 Raid Boot Question

I have a A7N8X Deluxe board rev 2.0. I am trying to boot off of the raid
controller and I can not get the steeings correct. I have 2 - 120 G drives
in raid 0, a Plextor DVD burner on the primary EIDE set as a master, On the
secondary EIDE I have a Plextor CDRW set as master and a Lite-On DVD ROM set
as a slave. The proble I have is I want to add another 80 G hard drive on my
Primary EIDE as a slave for data back up. When I start my system up it will
not book because it sees the new 80 G drive and no operationg system. I have
tried changing the setting from SCSI to HD0. HD1, HD2, and HD3. I have also
disabled all drives in the advanced section for boot up with only boot other
devices enabled again no luck. I am using the Uber bios version 1007.
Without any drive on the secondary posrt of the primary EIDE I have my boot
sequence set to HD0 and it boots fine from the Raid controller, as soon as I
add the new drive it screws up. Any help would be appreciated.