Old October 30th 04, 04:36 PM
Lazarus

Just thought of something else

You ARE using 80 wire ide cables arent you?

40 wire cables will only allow you to run at ata33 (mode 2)

"Ken" wrote in message

I have three HDs in my computer ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.
All Seagate 120GB HD0 + HD1 8MB cache and HD2 have 2MB cache.
Two (HD0 + HD1 8MB cache) connected to first IDE-port (Intel)
with cable select. The third (HD2 2MB cache) connected to the
Promise controller also with cable select.
The "problem" is that the two disks connected to the Intel
controller only use Ultra DMA-2 and the third connected
to the Promise controller use Ultra DMA-5 !
That is what DTemp report from S.M.A.R.T.
Se details here
http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85704001/dma/

How to change to Ultra DMA-5 for my first two drives?
I use Windows 2000 professional.