Old December 6th 05, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default BFG 6800GT OC VS 7800GT

"Dave Zass" wrote in message
I've never had a problem running my apps and games with the 6800GT. I'm
planning on upgrading my system and I'm trying to decide whether I should
keep my BFG 6800GT OC 256mb AGP8X card or jump to the 7800GT. If I go
with the 7800, I buy a PCI-E mobo.

My opinion is to upgrade the m/b to PCI-e and go with a 7800GT. More money,
but you're future-proofing your investment. Very few of the newer state of
the art cards will be available in AGP as the years go by. You'll be able to
recoup a good piece of change by selling the original m/b and 6800GT on
Ebay.