Old May 4th 04, 10:17 AM
rstlne

"Craig Coope" wrote in message

"Hop" wrote in message
I have a system with an AMD 64 3400+ on a K8T Neo MSI mainboard.
Have two SATA WD 120 gig in a raid 0 on the VIA chipset, not the

promise!
Have 2 sticks infineon 512 meg pc3200 in dual channel, a Lite on DVD and
a Lite on CDRW, a SB Audigy 2 and an MSI 5900 Ultra XT with 256 megs...
The thing is blazing fast, and stuffed into a Foxconn mid tower with a

450
watt
power supply. The first pwsupply went out while running SiSoft burn in

and I figured I caught a weak component. I replaced that one with a 420

watt
Codegen and that one went up in less than 12 hours run time...
I have a 600 watt coming, but I would like to hear from the group on
possible
causes and things to look out for... Like I said this beast is VERY fast

but
it gets
a little expensive feeding it power supplies... Thanks in advance...

I have just sent back my A64 3400+ because it had cold boot problems (I
suspect the PSU) but it was only 340W...but it was supposed to be AMD
rated.....

Now I bet I get a replacment that does the exact same thing....if I do I
will be kicking up a stink...

We will see....

Craig...

OOOOOPS
I sent this via email instead of NG .. laugh..

I am glad there are people like you out there..
You make me understand why companys have **** tech support staff and why
companys have to inflate prices to cover their loss of returned - non faulty
product.