Old May 4th 04, 03:09 AM
Peter van der Goes

"Craig Coope" wrote in message

I have just sent back my A64 3400+ because it had cold boot problems (I
suspect the PSU) but it was only 340W...but it was supposed to be AMD
rated.....

Now I bet I get a replacment that does the exact same thing....if I do I
will be kicking up a stink...

We will see....

Craig...

I have to ask. The PSU is "AMD rated" for what CPU's? And is the claim of
"AMD Rated" corroborated by what you find on the AMD web site? I've seen a
lot of ads for PSU's claiming "AMD Approved" or whatever. only to find the
approval is for same brand different model or limited to lesser CPU's.
If your system is like the OP's, high end video, multiple drives, etc., it's
going to draw a lot of juice on startup. If your symptom was: no boot from
cold, but OK on reboot, it was likely the PSU.