Old November 8th 04, 08:49 AM
Gilles G.

Default 6800GT + E7205 Granite Bay = Bad?

Hi!

I recently bought a POV 6800GT. It OC easily to 400/1100.

However, Doom3 is not very fluid in 1024*768, AA Off, (max 60 fps!!)...

So I downloaded some bench, (3DMark 05, 03, AquarMark), and my doubt
are confirmed, I alway get bad results :

3DMArk 05 : 3300
3DMark 03 : 9800
AquaMark : 44000

That are the typical results of a much much cheaper card...

My Processor is a P4B , even if it's not the fastest on the
market, that could not explain the drop.

My motherboard is an ASUS P4G8X Deluxe.

The fact that it supports unofficially AGP 8x brought me some doubts...

Do I expect too much, or is there an AGP problem with my mobo ??

Thanks a lot for your answers, i'm completely lost there...

Gilles.