Old May 18th 09, 09:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Non-conductive-removeable-glue ?

"GregS" wrote in message
In article me.nl,
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

I have a question for you:

Is there a glue that can be used to glue together electronics without the
glue becoming conductive after a while ?

(Some glue's appear to become conductive after exposure to heat, moisture
in
air, and electricity (?))

Also it would be a big plus if the glue can be removed with water and soap
or any other means...

I had to fix one or two Sansui amplifier power boards with that conductive
stuff. I have used typical hot melt without problems, but
usually not on a conductor. I also use silicone rtv on most things.
Anything removed with soap and water seems like it would collect
moisture anyway.

Hmm that's interesting.

This could be the reason why the repairman said that nothing could be done
about the "glue". (He hadn't seen it though... just over the phone...)

So the theory could be:

Trying to remove the glue from electronics components with water and soap
could then lead to damage to the components because of the water and the
soap (possibly on the long run) ?

Bye,
Skybuck.