Old May 18th 09, 08:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
GregS

Default Non-conductive-removeable-glue ?

In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

I have a question for you:

Is there a glue that can be used to glue together electronics without the
glue becoming conductive after a while ?

(Some glue's appear to become conductive after exposure to heat, moisture in
air, and electricity (?))

Also it would be a big plus if the glue can be removed with water and soap
or any other means...

I had to fix one or two Sansui amplifier power boards with that conductive
stuff. I have used typical hot melt without problems, but
usually not on a conductor. I also use silicone rtv on most things.
Anything removed with soap and water seems like it would collect
moisture anyway.

greg