Old September 4th 03, 09:35 AM
Jim Stevenson

In article ,
says...
mmmmmmmmmm??
thnx so far
1) I got as far as the testreport - that was one of the things that gave me
a headache! don't these ppl speak english?
2) tried the link - got no html?
3) was looking at corsair but saw a report saying there were conflict
problems with dual channel!
is there a site out there that just tells you what to get?
I must confess this is giving me more problems than picking the rest of the
system so far
oh well I'll take some panadol and look at those test reports again - now
where did I leave the bottle?
bi phil
"Richard Dower" wrote in message

"philip.chadwick1" wrote in message
hi all
can anyone shed any light on which dual channel ddr kit to use on a msi
865PE-NEO2-F1S2R i865 p4 motherboard/with P4 800fb CPU?
I've looked at all the websites I can find including MSI's and various
manufacturers (kingston/geil/corsair) but have not found the exact info

require - though I do have a bad headache!
all I want is a list of 3 or 4 kits to compare prices on
thnx phil

Corsair memory is the best, DDR500 baby!

OK, the bottom line is you can use PC2100, PC2700 or PC3200 modules
either 256Mb or 512Mb. It appears all the major manufacturers memory is
supported. The most recommended ones tend to be:

Corsair
TwinMOS
Samsung
Crucial

Obviously there are others.
Another interesting thing I came across was in most cases 1 module is ok
but when installing 2 modules it is preferable to install them in
alternate slots ie 1 & 3 or 2 & 4. I don't know the logic behind this
but I have come across problems on my own MSI mobo when installing
memory in slots 1 & 2.

HTH

Jim
--