Old October 9th 05, 12:26 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:34:24 GMT,
lid (Stormhunter) wrote:

Hi I have just purchased a Armada 1592DT Laptop. It has the caddy but
no hard drive.Can anyone tell me the different makes and sizes that
this model will accept and if i need drives or updates to install
them.I have tried the HP Compaq site but it just gives you the size
and not the makes.
Rgds Chris

As far as I know, the interfaces are standardized enough that, if the
drive will physically fit in the caddy (laptop drives come in various
thicknesses), it should work with your system. About 1 1/2 years ago,
I replaced the drive in my Armada E500 with a larger drive, purchased
over the Internet from TigerDirect.com. It worked fine. If the drive
capacity is larger than your BIOS will support, you will have to
install a Logical Block Addressing (LBA) driver that will load first,
and fool the BIOS into seeing the drive as having more heads and fewer
tracks than it actually has.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from