Old June 26th 04, 05:36 PM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:16:58 +0100, CJK wrote:

Going to 24x100FSB would be good as it is not really overclocking but I
assume that, as the processor is date coded only a few weeks ago, it
cannot be easily unlocked.

2400MHz is way overclocked for the 2100+ below which normal speed is
1733MHz. The default speed of the 2400+ is only 2000MHz. There's a mod to
turn the locked cpu's into a mobile and then use software to adjust the
multiplier, but I haven't had the need nor the desire to do rthis as it
involes a lot of mod to the cpu bridges and there's some buts in too. Your
best option would be to find an older Tbred B core cpu that isn't locked
(ebay maybe). Or you could buy a new MP. They are still unlocked, but
expensive. A new mobile should work too, as they are not locked I'm told.