Old June 25th 04, 08:27 PM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:31:24 +0100, CJK wrote:

Been looking into this for some time as I have an old Gigabyte 7AJA
(KT133) board with a Duron 800 I would like to breathe some new life
into cheaply while keeping the 512MB of ECC PC133 memory and an ATI AIW
AGP2 TV card so new mobo not really an option.

Being unable to find a 200FSB processor, an XP2400 (15x133) underclocked
seems fine. The mobo says 'unknown processor' but runs quite happily (&
cool) at 1.5GHz (15x100). Norton benchmarks about 4x as fast as the
Duron 800 and it certainly performs better.

Processor is locked otherwise I assume I could run it at a higher clock
ratio whilst still being in spec.

Don't know if your board will let you adjust FSB or not, but if it does,
you can raise the FSB up to about 116Mhz for more core speed. At least
that what I could get out of my KT133 systems. That's another 240MHz. You
could go a lot higher with an unlocked one. See below.