Old August 12th 04, 07:32 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:25:10 +0100, Guy Smith wrote:

I am looking into upgrading my son's PC.
How do I identify which new motherboard will fit into the existing tower
please?

You won't save any money by upgrading hardware like that, you are better
off buying a whole new system. Power supplies have changed in the last
6 years because processors require a lot more power so you can't use the
one you have. The RAM is incompatible with new CPUs so that's out. The
disk is to small, got to replace that. You could use the CDROM but it's
only worth a few dollars. A new cheap case, sans power supply, is worth
maybe $40. You can buy a whole new system for a few hundred dollars, it
will be a lot less painful, come with a modern OS, have more capabilites,
and probably cheaper.