Old July 27th 03, 03:47 PM
Bobby

I recently "upgraded" from a G4MX440 to the FX5200. I was disappointed in
the difference. I think that the FX is a bit faster - but not much. Main
advantage is that it's more up-to-date and directly supports DirectX 9 which
will be useful when some games come along written for that standard.

So my advice is, upgrade to the FX5200 is it's not costing you much -
otherwise wait until you have some more money and get an Ultra or one of the
other (more expensive) cards in the FX series.

Bobby

"Remy Dubois" wrote in message
Hi all,

Any advise for buying a G4MX440 vs FX5200 (non ultra) ?

Another question, my MB has got AGP 2x actually (i will change the MB

later)
so can I install a 8x/4x card on my AGP 2x ? Will it work ?

Thank you for your help

Remy