Old December 27th 03, 11:59 PM
callsignviper

"Amy L." wrote in message
om...
Callsignvoper,

"DIMMs with more than 18 chips are not supported" and "DIMMs with more

than
8 devices on each side of the module are not supported."

The DIMS have only 8 chips per side. I have no idea what you mean
about DIMS with 18 chips.

That is what your motherboard manual says. Chip = One Ram Chip. It takes
several Ram Chips to make a DIMM (Dual Inline Memory Module) or commonly
called a "stick." If your DIMM has more than 18 total Ram chips then it's
not supported. Apparently that is not a problem since your DIMM part number
undicates yours are fine.

If neither applies to your situation you might try raising the DDR

Reference
Voltage in BIOS to see if that helps to stabilize your system.

I do not see any option in the BIOS about DDR reference voltage?

See Section 4.4.2 (Advanced Chipset Features) Page 57 in your Motherboard
Manual.

BTW: What brand and wattage is your power supply?

ITEK - 350W.

Hmmm.....never heard of that brand so I have no idea about its quality.

From some of your other posts your +5 Vdc readings appear to be fine.

Suggestion: I would try raising the DDR Reference Voltage 0.1 Vdc to see if
that fixes the problem. I would raise the voltage, save the changes, reboot
back into BIOS setup to verify the changes. Shutdown the system, install the
third DIMM and power up to see if the increase in voltage helps. If not you
may have a faulty motherboard that may need to be RMAd to ASUS.

BTW: Have you sent email to ASUS describing your problem and troubleshooting
steps?

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.