Old December 27th 03, 03:47 AM
Amy L.

Default A7N8X - Freezes Before Memory Test With 3 x 512mb Sticks Of Ram

My A7N8X was having problems with Page Faults when I added a 3rd Stick
of RAM. See this thread -
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

System
A7N8X (PCB 2.0) w/ AMD XP 2700 (Barton)
166MHZ FSB
3 x 512MB Kingston KVR333X64C25/512 CHIPS

Since I have flashed the bios from 1006 to 1007 the system will not
boot when I add *ANY* of the three sticks of RAM into the second slot.
Remove the RAM in SLOT 2, it boots. Hopefully, this should be easier
to troubleshoot since its not the "random" page faults and this occurs
right on post.

I am wondering if this is power supply related. Running the probe
with just 2 sticks of memory in the +5V dips to around ~4.7V. The 12V
runs around ~12.8V.

Any thoughts on anything else it could be?
Amy...