Old January 12th 04, 04:30 AM
Anonymous Joe

"Chan WK" wrote in message
om...
I have a CDRW which triggers the "calibration area full" error in Nero
5 consistently, even after a "full format".

Obviously all burning attempts also failed (cannot perform end track).

The drive is a brand new Gigabyte GO0404 DVD burner, while the CDRW is
a relatively new Verbatim 24X CDRW.

Does it mean the CDRW is destined for the bin?

Odd, since the DVD drive says it is a 24x CD-RW writer. Nonetheless, it may
not be compatible with that media. I'd try some older 10x media and see how
that works.

I have a 52/32/52x CD-RW as well as a dual DVD burner, and it will write my
10x CD-RW discs at 12x, without troubles, and the DVD burner will write them
at 10x without troubles. The CD-RW drive can write to 24x CD-RW media
without trouble, although I only have 1 piece, but it is unwritable in the
DVD since it isnt High Speed media but instead Ultra Speed media.