Old December 20th 05, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.abit

Default Cannot install over 3GB on AW8 Max (meant to support 8GB!)

That's even more confusing. Why would 1+1+1+1 be different from 2+2?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:24:04 -0000, Eddie wrote:

Hi,

I believe that's correct.
1+1+1+1=3.x but,
2+2+2+2=8
2 + 2 = 4
1+1+2+2=6 and so on.

Eddie

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
Are you saying 4GB = 3.5GB, but 5GB = 5GB?

Plus, I've currently got 3GB = 2.75GB. Weird.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:08:11 -0000, Eddie
wrote:

Hi again,

It's an Intel chipset limitation, nothing to do with max memory. There is
simply a problem with 4Gb. If you put in 2 x 2Gb extra instead of 2 x
1Gb, I
don't think you will have a problem.
I think I found something to this effect on Intel site but I can't
remember
where.

Eddie

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news Nevermind recognise, it won't even boot! The max memory the board will
take is *8* GB not 4, so why are you suggesting 4 is a problem? Also
while I now have 3GB in the machine, windows shows 2.75GB!!! What is
going on here?

Abit tech support replied very promptly and suggested I up the memory
voltage. Not sure why Ithis would help, but I'll give it a go when I
have
the time.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:47:01 -0000, Eddie

wrote:

Hi,

There is a note in the manual (section 2.3) to say the chipset won't
recognise all the memory if there are 4 x 1GB.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

The drunk staggered up to the hotel reception and demanded his room be
changed.
"But sir," said the clerk, "you have the best room in the hotel."
"I insist on another room!!" said the drunk.
"Very good, sir. I`ll change you from 502 to 555. Would you mind
telling
me why you don't like 502?" asked the clerk.
"Well, for one thing," said the drunk, "it's on fire."

--
http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

NEWSFLASH!!! Bouncing elephantiasis woman destroys central Portsmouth

It turns out that a several protected, rare birds in Germany have been feeding on a species of protected, rare fish. In response to this dilemma, exasperated German officials have decided to do the only thing that makes sense in this kind of a situation - kill all the environmentalists.