Old August 24th 04, 06:05 PM
Richard Dower

"Glitch" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll stick with 5.x for now.
There's also a few other things bugging me.I have one 80 GB SATA HDD.Every
time I boot my comp,GigaRaid ATAPI Bios performs a scan that takes about
20-30 seconds.Is there any way to shut this scan down 'cause I heard it's
not necesary for SATA?
Also is it possible to deactivate memory test 'cause I've got 1 GB RAM and
it takes some time to scan it(not much,about 5-10 seconds)?

Disable the GigaRaid controller within the BIOS, as for the memory
test...it's standard when you do a fresh bootup, it dosen't scan when you
perform a restart.