Old November 30th 04, 12:51 AM
seabat

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:18:23 -0500, "-Avery Anderson-"
wrote:

I'm putting together a system using an Asus K8-V-X motherboard. It has a
S/PDIF out jack. The manual says:
"This jack connects to external usdio output devices."
It looks like an RCA jack to me. I couldn't find much doing a google
search. All I got was retailers selling boards with the jack.

It has integrated audio on board with mini jacks.

So what's the additional RCA jack for? Thanks,

From:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...213474,00.html

S/PDIF

S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) is a standard audio transfer
file format. It is usually found on digital audio equipment such as a
DAT (Digital Audio Tape) machine or audio processing device. It allows
the transfer of audio from one file to another without the conversion
to and from an analog format, which could degrade the signal quality.
The most common connector used with an S/PDIF interface is the RCA
connector, the same one used for consumer audio products. An optical
connector is also sometimes used.

HTH

--
The Seabat