Old January 13th 18, 04:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.periphs.keyboard
B00ze

Default Unicomp Model-M a disaster

Good day all.

I love the Model M keyboard, and have several PS/2 ones. I also have 2
Unicomp USB Model M's. Now, I haven't tried the other one of those that
I have (without Windows Keys) but the one I am using now is a DISASTER!
I do not know what they did with their USB controller, but it is
horrible. When I boot the PC, if I press any key too quickly (e.g. if I
do not wait 5 seconds) then the keyboard will lock-up. It makes it hard
to enter the BIOS. And if I put the computer to sleep, then 1/3rd to
2/3rds of the time, when I wake it with the keyboard, the keyboard
freezes. It gets weirder; when I wake the computer with the keyboard, I
can hear Windows "re-discover" the keyboard (you can hear the new USB
device sound,) the NumLock light does not turn back on until that sound
plays, but more often than not, the keyboard doesn't re-load properly
and becomes unusable.

Anyone have a Unicomp USB keyboard? How does it work for you?

I'm already thinking of getting a Mechanical Keyboard, but haven't found
one that LOOKS like the Model-M (i.e. BIG).

Thank you.
Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain /
! (o o) Memberavid-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society