Old August 6th 03, 07:52 PM
Vanguard

"Groove" wrote in message

Vanguard said this...
Go to the properties in Device Manager for the mouse and see if
upping the sampling rate gets rid of the lag.

I no longer use the wireless kit on my gaming machine, but my thanks
for the tip as it may help a friend with some similar problems.

As noted in my other reply in this thread, it really depends on which
wireless mouse you use. I've tried both IBM's and Microsoft's Blue
wireless mice and could not get them from not skipping in games even
with setting the sampling rate at its highest value and regardless of
using the PS/2 std. mouse driver or the product's own driver. I found
the Logitech wireless mouse to be just as smooth as a corded mouse even
at the slowest sampling rate. So the hardware is what dictates how
smooth the mouse is in the game.

** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup.
** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address.