Old August 6th 03, 07:18 PM
Vanguard

"Groove" wrote in message

Girgath said this...
1) How good are wireless keyboards and mice?

There's a slight lag on a wireless mouse. If you're a gamer it's the
difference between alive and dead.

Go to the properties in Device Manager for the mouse and see if upping
the sampling rate gets rid of the lag. I have a wireless mouse and have
never noticed any additional lag over a wired one. Also make sure that
you have line-of-sight between mouse and receiver. Although wireless
mice no longer use IR and so don't have to be in line-of-sight, I've
found that the corner of a monitor with its shielding or other metallic
objects in the line-of-sight path can reduce reception. Peculiarly,
sometimes wireless mice don't work well when they are too close to the
receiver.

** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup.
** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address.