Old March 11th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Optiplex GX620 (tower)

Thanks for the link. Very specific information on the GX620.

I like to have a system that's pretty flexible. I'd like the PS/2 option for
the same reason I want to keep a floppy drive, just because I may want to
use it someday. Always had PS/2 mice/keyboards. I even like the idea that
the GX620 comes with a parallel port, although I don't have anything that
might be able to use it!

"Jay B" wrote in message
Here is the link for the user guides
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc.../ug/tindex.htm

it sits in the opening for slot4, which is where the pciexpress x1
connector is so it will prevent a card from being used in this slot.
i have yet to see a use for the pciex1 connector anyway.

why are you so hungup about this ps2 connector?
the new usb keyboard that comes with it is great! you wont ever want to
use your old keyboard anyway.
what are you trying to do with the computer?
how are you planning on expanding it?
perhaps i can shed some light if you plan is going to work.
Jay

darkrats wrote:

Just to clarify my question:

If the PS/2 adapter occupies one of the slot openings at the back, does
that render the PCI slot that would normally use that opening useless? I
understand that the other openings/slots are not affected.

I'd sure like to get some additional information, like a download of the
Quick Guide for the GX620, or a diagram of the motherboard, and other
stuff similar to this.