Old August 28th 04, 04:44 AM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:09:36 -0700, Bill wrote:

Ok, which one of these are you guys talking about?

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K8_combo-Z.htm

Nifty little board. So let's say I buy a 754 3200+ with this board today.
Now 1 year down the road I want a 4200+ 939. Ok, just pull the old cpu and
plug in the new. But I'm still stuck with the same board with no new
features that will have come along, and now I've also got an extra cpu.
Some may like this, but it's not for me. And I don't know anything about
the Ali chipset. Is it as good as the NF3-250?

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K8Upgrade760gx.htm

http://www.asrock.com.tw/news/K7Upgrade880.htm

These two would leave me in the same boat as the above, but I'd have to
buy the upgrade board for each. Some may find these upgrade paths
attractive, but no way would I buy any of these boards. And I do have an
Asrock K7S8XR3 board now. And it's worked great for me.