Old November 21st 04, 12:18 AM
jpsga

"jpsga" wrote in message
news1Rnd.123258$R05.110541@attbi_s53...

"John V.N" wrote in message
Hi guys, i'm now very frustrated, please give me a hand.

I've brought these few days ago

- MOBO: GA-7N400 Pro2 (rev 2)
- RAM: Kingston 512MB 333MHz DDR PC2700 CL2.5
- CPU: AMD Sempron 2200+
- AGP: Radeon 9250

(Other equipments skipped..)

so that I have put all the above into my PC, booted up and installed OS
successfully.

But suddenly I realized during system POSTing, it said my CPU is "Althon
XP 900MHz"... I thought it was BIOS problem so I went to GigaByte's site
to download the latest BIOS version (ver. FJ), and I flashed the BIOS
sucessfully.

After flashing the BIOS and setting the FSB = 166MHz in advanced BIOS
setting, I'm excited to see my CPU being correctly identified..

But no help, still "Althon XP 900MHz" during POST..

then I read through the MOBO's user guide, and realize that there're 2
dip-switches on my MOBO... one is called CLK_RATIO and one is called
CLS_SW. I've tried to adjust CLK_RATIO = AUTO and CLK_SW = ON (AUTO).

According to the user guide, setting CLK_SW = ON (AUTO) enables the use
of FSB 400/333/266 MHz CPU, whilc setting CLK_SW = OFF will be treated
as using FSB 200 MHz CPU.

However, I can't even boot up when CLK_SW is setted to be ON ! =(

There is no display, my monitor stays in stand-by mode, although CPU fan
and IDE drives looks like "working"...

I've give up.. I've lost.. I turned back CLK_SW to OFF ..

then I've got my PC working... except "Althon XP 900MHz" during POST..
but at least it can boot up..

what should I do to make my GA-7N400 Pro2 to recoginize my Sempron
2200+? Bros, any ideas?

You must have BIOS Rev. F8
CLK_SWITCH in AUTO (on)
Set CLK_RATIO to 9.5
Un-plug the system ( from the wall).
Clear the BIOS with the jumper.
Boot
Delete into the BIOS and set the clock to 166MZ also day and date and
first boot device.
re-boot.

If you are running 166X9.5=1577mz all is well.
JPS

Correction :BIOS must FH or above.