Old November 30th 03, 07:21 PM
Mike

Hi again

No results with the ctrl-home trick......
I tried several ways, several times.... floppy drive and video card still
play dead.
I'm afraid this mobo needs a new chip :-(((

Thanks All !

"Stephan Collet" wrote in message
"Mike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I think i am in deep **** and need some serious help !
I tried to flash the bios of my P4C800-E. During the process the system
frooze at 47%.
Finaly (after i had waited for about 10 minutes) i had to shut down the
system.
Jippie!! i'm lucky to have a CrashFree Bios2 installed on my mobo ....
just take out your emergency floppy or CD; boot your system; put the
floppy or CD in
and the bios will be restored automatically..... wauw i'm lucky !

But what's this ? the system won't boot anymore.
CDrom lights flash but don't boot.
Floppy drive is completely dead.....CrashFree Bios huh

I used the latest bios version (1014) and lastest AsusUpdate.

Does anybody have any suggestion besides taking it back to the dealer
????

Someone wrote me this on a similar issue:

| I had the same problem. I have found a solution for me.
|
| 1. copy on another pc the file P4C800ED.ROM of the asus-cd on an empty
| formatted diskette
| 2. switch on the computer and you immediately push these to buttons
| Ctrl+Home (this is Strg+Pos1) for at least 4 seconds
| simultaneously now for again one. The Eprom should now find the file
| P4C800ED.ROM and feed these automatically.
| 3. turn off the PC after successful and after approx. 5 sec now.
| that 's all

This worked for me very well, after trying this procedure several
times. At its best, press Ctrl+Home several times when power up! You
should use of course an older Bios to flash. 1011 seems to be good.

Good luck!

--
Viele Grüße,
Stephan Collet