Old January 1st 18, 06:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm X[_2_]

Default SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Happy New Year,

My old Intel MOBO has accepted many upgrades but is stuck at 4GB RAM. Even
though prohibited, Win10 works reliably on one stick SOCHOX 4GB 667MHz DDR2
AMD, the past couple of years. However, when two such modules are plugged
in, Win10 boots until it panics and flashes a QR code error and shuts down.
Paul has attributed such failure to power supply inadequacies of Intel MOBO
versus AMD.

Still wanting the best that can be achieved with least money, I came across
"SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD " on eBay. It comes in a two
module 16GB package, while I only need 8GB. At first blush, 800MHz seems
better than 667MHz. Current CPU-Z output says this newer RAM module may be a
good idea.

Comments?