Old June 8th 04, 01:14 PM
S. Conner

Mark,

I have a six speaker/sub rig on mine and the sound is great. It's
not my home theater system -- but is more than satisfactory.

Since it does Dolby and all that, you need wiring and speakers that
will provide the proper connections to do that. When I bought mine
there were several inexpensive packages in the $80-150 range that
did a respectable job.

Rev

"Mark G." wrote in message
I just upgraded to an ASUS A7N8X-E and knew when I bought the board that

it
was to have this awesome Soundstorm onboard sound. Although I do use an
older Logitech (2 satellites and 1 sub) system, when I used my old board,
which had onboard sound, it sounded much better. The old board was an ASUS
CUV4X-E. Was the sound on that board better then this newer one or
something? I looked through all the nForce tray options and all sounds

good
except for the fact that it doesn't allow for a set up like mine. My
speakers go from one satellite to another and connect to the sub and from
there goes to the sound on the motherboard. I especially notice the sound
quality when playing a war game and there is a lot of action in terms of

gun
fire and bombs it then starts to sound crappy. When I look to see what
version of the audio driver I have, it says 6.14. I thought I would have
better sound with this new board. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Can
someone help with this please? Thanks very much.