Old July 21st 04, 12:55 AM
Ron Reaugh

"ZigZag Master" wrote in message
I have a Maxtor 200GB (6Y200P0) and a Western Digital 250GB WD2500JB in a
AMD 2500 / Abit NF7-S - 1GB RAM. I am running Windows XP Pro.

I was wondering how long it should take to copy large files between the
drives.

I have some TV captures that are about 8-12GB. It just seems like it

takes
a long time to copy from drive to drive....about 6-8 minutes. Is this
normal?

That's in the ballpark.

Also, do I have to do anything special to turn on DMA mode? I think I was
using Pinnacle Studio, and it popped up a window saying DMA mode was not
enabled on the Maxtor.

Make SURE DMA mode is enabled for ALL ATA/IDE devices.