Old December 18th 03, 07:15 PM
... et al.

QV wrote:

Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
(version 3.20.00.20).

Myself using a card from Asustek, with a Nvidia GeForce3 Ti-200 and BIOS
3.20.00.18, and have only tried drivers up to 44.xx (Currently using
unmodified Nvidia drivers 4.14.10.4403 & 6.13.10.3087, both work fine).

I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html and
downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into pure DOS
and flashed the BIOS:

nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom

Now the new drivers work perfectly.

I'm glad it worked for you.
But i must ask, how did you ever think of such an obscure solution as to
downgrade to an earlier BIOS version to cure problems with newer drivers
versions? Advanced troubleshooting or just luck?

Note: before trying this, it might be a good idea to use NVFlash to make a
backup of your current BIOS.
eg) nvflash --save backup

Also take care regarding what TV-chip you have on your card. At least
for the .12 BIOS there are different BIOS-variants (BT, Ch, Ph & Sm)
that i take to correspond with what TV-chip you have on your card
(BrookTree(Conexant), Chrontel, Philips or "no TV-chip"). I couldn't
figure out if there still was different BIOS-variants for the higher
(.18, .19, .20 & .29) BIOS-versions, but i don't see how that could have
changed. So take care if you use the TV-out function on your card.

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.