Old December 17th 03, 04:35 AM
QV

"Don McCuiston" wrote in message
om...
Anyone able to get the Forceware 53.03 driver to function with a
GeForce3 Ti200 card? I have had to use the 40.72 version since newer
revisions cause system instability. The GeForce3 Ti200 has had
problems with the latest drivers in two entirely different systems.
Any help would be appreciated.

Any driver above 44.xx didn't work properly on my MSI GF3 Ti-200, but I
finally figured it out. The problem turned out to be the video card's BIOS
(version 3.20.00.20).

I went to http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html
and downloaded v3.20.00.19 (3201900.rom) and NVFlash. I booted into pure DOS
and flashed the BIOS:

nvflash --overridesub -f3201900.rom

Now the new drivers work perfectly.

Note: before trying this, it might be a good idea to use NVFlash to make a
backup of your current BIOS.
eg) nvflash --save backup