Old November 11th 04, 08:54 PM
Brad Houser

"Soib" wrote in message
hello all,

My daughter and me are disappointed by the display resolution for games
like Happyland Adventures (http://www.freelunchdesign.com/) or Santa
Klaus in trouble (http://www.cdvspiel.de/ostern/index.htm). Funny and
nice free games for kids.
But on our Compaq Presario R3117EA, Happyland resolution is 640x480 and
Santa Klaus resolution is 800x600.
Default R3000EA series resolution is 1280x800 !

Some laptops will force a low res screen to use only that many pixels. You
may need to find an "expanded" mode so 64x480 fills the screen.

Another thing I would try: Right click on the Game icon and select
Properties and Compatibility. Then Select Run in 640x480, and Windows will
try changing the system resolution to 640x480. This will either result in a
small screen or a full screen. (On a CRT it should fill the screen.)

You may want to hook up a CRT if these don't work.

Brad