Old November 24th 03, 12:31 AM
Dark Avenger

"Scooter" wrote in message ...
How does this card hold up against the Ge force FX range?. My system is

Athlon 2600XP
1024 MB ddr ram

would I get better FPS compared to my Ti 4200

Mmm, with a system like that. You'll find that a 9600 Pro will play
every game fine in high/extreem settings. Also loading screens and so
on go much faster, quality is crisp and performance is top!

How it goes against the FX series, ah well, the 9600XT is
...interresting faster as the 9600Pro ( and you get a HL2 coupon ) and
that card runs nicely versus the FX 5700 Ultra... atleast.. in the
tests that have been there yet.

But both the 9600Pro as the 9600XT is definitly going to be in our pc
for a while. If you have money enough... 9800XT, a card that will be
in your pc for about 2 years atleast :-)