Old May 8th 04, 12:11 AM
Daniel

(Paul) wrote in message ...
I have been asked the question about USB benchmarking before, and really
haven't found a utility that can answer the question.

Paul, are you familiar with the tools suite at
http://www.usb.org/developers/tools ?

Can one of those tools be used for the purpose of benchmarking the
speed of my scanner connection *without* modifying *anything* in my
system? My understanding is that USBCV R1.2.1 removes the standard
Microsoft driver and installs a test stack driver onto the Hi-Speed
host controller (if one exists). This is the last thing I want to
do...

I prefer a test tool that is "non-destructive" in the sense that it
leaves the system in *exactly* the same state as it were before
running it.

Thanks,
Daniel