Old January 2nd 10, 05:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
erilar

Default Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

In article ,
(John Brock) wrote:

My siblings and I bought our 80-some year old mother a new iMac
for Christmas, and her Epson Stylus Color 740 -- unsupported by
Snow Leopard -- is now junk. So we'd like to hear recommendations
for a new printer.

That was a lovely printer. Mine lasted over a decade of sometimes
fairly heavy use until the day it died between two print jobs. I went
out and bought a new Epson, but this one is the Artisan 710. I wanted
foto quality prints and this one delivers. I was startled to discover
how cheap these things have become, since it's a scanner, too. It's
nice being able to print from my laptop instead of sending print jobs
over to the OS 9 G4 for printing now, too. I also like the flat top,
which the digital picture frame I got for Christmas can sit on when I'm
not scanning 8-) It has 5 color and a black ink cartridge, but they're
as easy or easier to change than the ones in the 740. It may be more
than you want for your mother, but I love it!

Oh, and I'm a great-grandmother 8-)

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo