Old September 28th 06, 06:45 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Abhishek Srivastava

Default Power supply for Intel 850 GB

Hi all,

I'm still using a computer that I assembled around 5 yrs back. It has a
1.4 GHz P4 processor and an Intel 850 GB board. The problem is that the
Power Supply stopped working a few days back. I went to hunt for it in
the hardware stores here and none of them have the obsolete power
supply anymore.

Somebody told me that I can use the same Power Supply Unit that is
being used in the contemporary systems.

The only problem is that the 850 GB board had to be supplied power
through 3 connectors(One for the board, one for the processor and one
which seems to be or the IDE controllers, pls correct me if I'm wrong).
The latest power supply units have only two power connectors fr the
board and the one for the IDE controllers seems to be missing.

Can I use a new power supply unit for my board?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as Intel has stopped the support
for my board.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Srivastava