Old August 3rd 06, 04:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Hackworth

Default power supply for Intel Pentium 4 531

wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

Well, the computer will boot up fine I'd install my Windows XP on it.
Then I turn it off. Couple of hours later, I come back to turn it on
and there would be no BIOS screen. The computer seems to reset it self.
Or if it boots the hard drive, it would show different error messages,
such as corrupted installation. Last night it hung during Windows
install. Seem to be a variety of problems.

That sure sounds like a crappy power supply to me. At least that would be my
first guess.