Old August 2nd 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
[email protected]

Default power supply for Intel Pentium 4 531

if you are running out of wattage it isn't because of your chip. 350
isn't that much though so tell us:

how many fans do you have?

1 on the CPU
1 on the case
1 in the power supply

how man hard drives are you using?

1 IDE

how many optical drives are you using?

1 CD-ROM
1 DVD+-R

are you using a PCIE video card that requires powering?

ATi Radeon Xpress 200 built-in to the motherboard

how many disk drives are you using (floppy)?

zero.

can you provide more detail on the nature of the 'trouble' you have
been experiencing?

Well, the computer will boot up fine I'd install my Windows XP on it.
Then I turn it off. Couple of hours later, I come back to turn it on
and there would be no BIOS screen. The computer seems to reset it self.
Or if it boots the hard drive, it would show different error messages,
such as corrupted installation. Last night it hung during Windows
install. Seem to be a variety of problems.

Chieh
--
Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/