Old March 27th 06, 12:42 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default What motherboards are based on Intel 915 and Intel 945 chipsets

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:48:49 -0800, mydejamail wrote:

The boards in question are bt878 video capture cards used for multi
channel DVR capture. The vendors of the cards prefer Intel because in
their experience they have fewer reported problems with them.

They "prefer" Intel? ...perhaps so they don't have to actually *test*
them with other platforms? Come on! PCI is an antique. The
compatability issues are *long* gone.

Just because some people prefer, or even need to stick to products by
the dominant players in the PC business doesn't make them trolls.

Yes, trolls! Wake up, already! Intel hasn't been "dominant", in anything
other than the marketeering sense, for *years*.

Remember that no one ever got fired for going with IBM, Microsoft or
Intel.

....and that applied to IBM in the late '80s and early '90s? Please do
wake up. There is a bright and new world out there! ...and it ain't
Intel! Remember, Intel tried to hijack the platform first with slot-1,
then RDRAM, and when that became hopless (before actually) IA64. After
all, x86 *couldn't* be stretched to 64 bits. tap, tap, tap...

Your apparent prejudices against the major industry players, probably on
account of their business practices are of no consequence to 99% of
computer users out there.

99%? Have you looked at the share prices? Market share? Intel is in the
dull-drums. AMD is where the inoovation's been over tha past five years.
Get with the program!

If you know of any non-Intel Pentium chipsets or AMD chipsets which are
known to work well with PV149 or Kodicom series DVR cards I'll be glad
to know.

Are you saying that these turds don't know what a PCI spec is? Perhaps
they *are* owned by Creative! CL certainly can't read, but I thought
they were alone.

PS. I'll be grateful if you don't take this thread off topic

You are a troll! This *IS* the topic here! ...and you brought it up!

--
Keith