Old March 26th 06, 08:48 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default What motherboards are based on Intel 915 and Intel 945 chipsets

The boards in question are bt878 video capture cards used for multi
channel DVR capture. The vendors of the cards prefer Intel because in
their experience they have fewer reported problems with them.

Just because some people prefer, or even need to stick to products by
the dominant players in the PC business doesn't make them trolls.
Remember that no one ever got fired for going with IBM, Microsoft or
Intel.

Your apparent prejudices against the major industry players, probably
on account of their business practices are of no consequence to 99% of
computer users out there.

If you know of any non-Intel Pentium chipsets or AMD chipsets which are
known to work well with PV149 or Kodicom series DVR cards I'll be glad
to know.

PS. I'll be grateful if you don't take this thread off topic