Old January 4th 04, 11:18 PM
BDH

I have the all copper series (cu). I set it at one speed just below max and
leave it alone. It works fine.

I think your case choice is just as important. I have the knxp - 3.0
processor in a mid tower.
The stock fan kept it around 47C no load ...the zalman 7000 cu knocked it
down to 43-44C.
I turned my case fan (side) to suck air into the case. The air flow change
knocked it down to 39 -40C.

I just put a P4C800 E in a tower(server) case with 2 front input fans and 1
side input fan with 2 back output fans and it keeps my 2.6 running ay an
unbelievable 24-29C

So you see ..I think the case is extremely important
BDH

"alans220" wrote in message
Hi,

Just about to purchase the above two items, saw the thread earlier
about fitting etc.

Do you use the fan speed controller? or just have it running full
speed?

My case an Antec Quiet, has a fan connector from the power supply that
is speed regulated, which I could connect to the Zalman, which would
then be speed varied according to the temp sensor in the power supply
area. Not sure if thats a good idea.

Is the Zalman noisy(ish) when on full speed.

thanks

al