Old January 4th 04, 06:29 PM
Timothy Drouillard

I'm running a 3.2Ghz w/2gig of ram, 2 optical drives, 4 SATA drives, etc...

I also have the all-copper version of the Zalman, and I do not use the
Zalman fan speed controller.

The Zalman fan is pretty quiet even when running at full speed, and I wanted
one less item inside the case that would increase case clutter.

It all depends on how quiet you want your PC to be. Some people are much
more sensitive to fan noise than others are.

"alans220" wrote in message
Hi,

Just about to purchase the above two items, saw the thread earlier
about fitting etc.

Do you use the fan speed controller? or just have it running full
speed?

My case an Antec Quiet, has a fan connector from the power supply that
is speed regulated, which I could connect to the Zalman, which would
then be speed varied according to the temp sensor in the power supply
area. Not sure if thats a good idea.

Is the Zalman noisy(ish) when on full speed.

thanks

al