Old January 4th 04, 05:54 PM
Giga Man

alans220 wrote:

Do you use the fan speed controller? or just have it running full
speed?

My case an Antec Quiet, has a fan connector from the power supply
that is speed regulated, which I could connect to the Zalman,

You mean you want to use the Zalman controller to control the fan in
your power supply?

(I find auto-regulating fans, be they for the CPU or in the PS, to be
VERY distracting vs just running them at constant RPM).

Is the Zalman noisy(ish) when on full speed.

With the 8KNXP, 2.6 ghz 800 FSB, 1 gb ram (512mb dual channel), no
over clocking, the computer runs fine with the Zalman fan controller
set at minimum fan speed. When doing things like video editing, I've
noticed random beeps that *I think* have disappeared since turning up
the fan speed. (Note that I've put 3 or 4 diodes in series with the
motherboard and DPMS fans to reduce their rpm and noise).

Don't know why I'm getting the beeps since I think the alarms are
turned off and the CPU temp is below the alarm threshold anyways.