Old November 26th 04, 09:02 PM
Papa

"Bass" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:46:15 GMT, "Papa" wrote:

Do you suppose I need to hit a certain keyboard key during bootup? I
already
tried the TAB key, and all it does is prevent the Soyo splash screen from
appearing.

Regards.

Try pressing the pause key and see it anything shows up. You should be
able to disable that Soyo splash screen in the bios too. That might be
causing it. Or it could be just a vid card issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, all pressing the Pause key does
is to freeze the splash screen, and there is nothing obvious in the CMOS for
disabling the splash screen. The CMOS Advanced page does not have any
mention at all of the splash screen, or anything even remotely related to
it - nor does any of the other CMOS pages. As far as the video card is
concerned, I don't see how that has anything to do with it. The monitor
displays everything there is to display already.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the BIOS screen does appear,
but appears and disappears so fast that I don't see it. After the splash
screen appears, there are a couple of flickers (not static or anything like
that) of the screen before the Windows OS starts loading. Maybe those
flickers was the BIOS screen appearing and disappearing.