Old October 17th 03, 05:55 PM
Bernd Stoeckl

I had serious problems with the RAID controller of Promise, to be fair on an
AOPEN Board in RAID1 mode. Reported my disks as bad while they have no error
at all, disks were very noisy and system crashed upon defrag.
I will not touch the crappy Promise on-board RAID system again. I am now on
S-ATA single with the INTEL controller and the disks are very silent ultra
quick and stable.

Bernd Stoeckl

"John Tindle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
Greetings
I've been reading posts about SATA drives set up as RAID 0.
I have a P4C800 DLX with 2 x Maxtor 120 SATA drives on the promise
controller configured as RAID 0
For those who have similar setups - I'm interested in knowing what kind of
throughput are you getting?
Using SANDRA I'm getting 63500KB/s.
My system's working great, but somehow I thought the drives could be

faster.
Any tweeks out there??

JT.