Old April 24th 04, 04:40 PM
Andrew J

1. This board was never intended for public sale
2. It was produced at the request of large OEMs to satisfy the need for
simple, fully integrated boxes.
3. It is their most memory fussy board ever.
4. When the pet OEMs ran into memory problems they were asked which
memory they would like to use and the board/bios was tweaked to suit.
5. There is no publicly available list of the memory that this board has been
tweaked to work with.
6. A user tweakable bios is not in the pipeline for this board

I'm not prepared to take the risk of buying more memory without a
guaranteed fix so I'm using the known fix of a plugin agp card. It is now
solid, cheap memory and all.

Thought I'd make life simple this time, pay the premium, buy the big name
and go for integrated graphics, I won't be making that mistake again.

I never dreamed ASUS would release a board with a BIOS that did
nothing. For $20 less the Biostar M7NCG 400 does everything. I am able
to run Gold Dragon RAM on the A7N8X-VM400 but with no overclocking
abilities the board is useless to me.