Old August 2nd 03, 02:05 PM
Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr.

Devast8or,
Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
DC)!
The Asus website has a list of approved memory manufacturers and the exact
products that will work. Be aware that each stick of DDR SDRAM has two banks
on it. That is something to think about when you purchase RAM. What CPU are
you going to be putting in this board? If you use a Barton (333 MHz bus)
CPU, you will want memory that is not overclocked at that bus speed (PC 2700
or higher aka DDR 333) Asus recommends PC 3200 aka DDR 400 SDRAM. Here is a
link:
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=01
Peace,
Paul
"Devast8or" wrote in message
k...
Hi all,

I wanna buy this board

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V8X-X&langs=01
(an A7V8X-X), but RAM should I get for it?

As far as I can see PC1600 and PC2100 should be any problem, no matter how

do it. PC3200 would work if I only use two banks (Do I _have_ to use two
banks, or is one fine?). But what about PC2700? It says "PC2700 Max to 4
banks only", but the board only has three mem banks.

I'm confuzzled. What RAM should I buy for this board?

TIA

Devast8or

--
Spamfilter activated
To reach me via e-mail: ask me for an adress